Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oldy but Goody - Stress at Work leads to... Penisectimy

Occasionally I get comments left on some of my older posts and it often reminds me of some of my funnier discoveries from days gone by. Some individual searched "Stress in the workplace" and came across this rather horrific article I had seen in Metro "news".

From January 07

This was in the classy free "metro" paper recently
Doctors' unions in Romania have criticised a decision to make a surgeon pay£100,000 in damages after he lost his temper and hacked off a patient's penisduring surgery. Surgeon Naum Ciomu, who had been suffering from stress atthe time, had been operating on patient Nelu Radonescu, 36, to correct a testicular malformation when he suddenly lost his temper. Grabbing a scalpel, he sliced off the penis in front of shocked nursing staff, and then placed it on the operating table where he chopped it into small pieces before storming out of the operating theatre at Bucharest hospital.


I hope this article gave the searcher all the information he needed to know about stress in the workplace... It's a bad, and occasionally life altering thing!

No comments: