Browsing through the website of the Kazakhstan based "KIMEP" business school (who I will be competing against in April) I realised that my business school is quite a mundane place.
In a letter to all students and faculty the Dean of business explains some recent "mishaps" at their university, it would be waaaaaay more fun to go there!
Accorsing to the Dean:
- The faculty who departed did so for various reasons: One was asked to leave after becoming involved in a physical fight with the Dean of his College in front of students. Both parties were asked to leave
- Another was asked to leave after repeated acts of gross incompetence and unprofessionalism
- Another was asked to leave after becoming involved in feuds, including death threats, with various other faculty which were undermining the integrity of the university.
- One resigned after being accused of sexual harassment by a student. The faculty member was disciplined following an investigation. The person resigned because he was unhappy with the outcome.
- The last left after seven months to a much higher paid job in the USA. In doing their contract with KIMEP was broken.