Thursday, August 16, 2007

iPhone Cubed

I must admit, I am quite jealous of my buddy Luke who recently paid a visit to the California area and got his grubby little hands on a iPhone or two, and had a little mess around on them. Luckily rather than just gloat about it, he made me a short video of how the phone looks and in particular how my blog looks on the iPhone. (see the video below)

After seeing this, I am more than a little impressed, the phone itself looks really great and the interface is so slick and seamless, what’s more, I am entirely sure that I want one… NOW!!!

I would imagine that when the iPhone gets coupled up with a network provider over here in the emerald isle, they will sell like hotcakes. Over the past while I have seen a lot of blackberry phones, and as cool as they are, they are NOT iPhones. The one factor I would personally imagine being an obstacle is that because the front of the phone is solely a glass screen that typing will be quite hard due to the fact there are no physical boundaries between characters etc, but I wait to be proven wrong.

The cost of purchase and monthly fees are also mildly extortionate, but I am willing to bet my bottom dollar (or euro) that Apple will release a “dumbed down” version of the phone (one that doesn’t run a proper computer operating system) and then things will really explode.


1 comment:

Andy Moore said...

They are crazy. My brother's got one, and quite honestly, everytime I have a play with it, it never ceases to amaze me. The built in GPS, the way you can play games by tilting the phone... the pretty darn good sound which comes out of the one tiny speaker...

I blogged about it when it came out in NZ...